UFC 130 bonuses: Browne, Tibau, Stann and Santiago each win $70,000
Check out the sale on our Samurai Shogun Shirt to help our veterans.
- Travis Browne, Gleison Tibau, Brian Stann and Jorge Santiago all received $70,000 postfight bonuses. Browne got Knockout of the Night and Tibau's rear-naked choke of Rafaello Oliveira got him Submission of the Night. Stann and Santiago were honored for Fight of the night.
- UFC 130 produced a lot of injuries. Frank Mir beat Roy Nelson easily on the scorecards, but may have suffered a broken his jaw for his efforts. Struve, Oliveira and Michael McDonald all went to the hospital as well. Stann showed up for the presser even though he suffered a broken thumb.
- The injury news of night revolved around Brock Lesnar and his battle against diverticulitis. According to UFC president Dana White, Lesnar had surgery on Friday to remove 12 inches of his colon.
Amazingly, Lesnar told White he was "a little sore." The surgery went well and Camp Lesnar hopes he can return at the start of 2012. White said Lesnar will probably lose a lot of weight on a liquid diet over the next few months.
- Quinton "Rampage" Jackson elaborated on his fractured hand reference in the Octagon following his win over Matt Hamill. Jackson said he injured his left hand back in December or January in Japan. He did so when he was horsing around with a friend.
- If Jackson legitimately has a broken hand, it may cost him a shot at a fight against Jon Jones in the fall. Lyoto Machida is also in the running. White wouldn't commit to choosing an opponent for the UFC light heavyweight champ.
- There was interesting news about Season 14 of "The Ultimate Fighter." White confirmed that Jason Miller and Michael Bisping will be the coaches, but their season ending fight will not take place on pay-per-view. The fight will be part of the TUF 14 Finale that airs free on Spike.
- Stann revealed the inspiring news that members of "SEAL Team 6" were in attendance at the MGM Grand Garden Arena. The elite military operatives comprised the crew that located and killed Osama bin Laden.
- Stann was asked about future opponents and sounded offended at the suggestion that he could fight fellow military veteran Tim Kennedy in the future.
- White also revealed his dream for the future of TUF. While discussing international destinations for the show like the Philippines, White said he like to hold a season with 16 different TUF's in locations around the world. The UFC would close out the season by holding a TUF World Cup with the 16 winners.
- In Hollywood news, White confirmed that a first will go down in a new MMA movie starring Kevin James. The UFC is allowing the movie to use its name and some of its personalities including fighters, Joe Rogan and Bruce Buffer. White said he was asked to be in the movie, but turned down the offer.
- White elaborated on the Chael Sonnen situation confirming that the promotion won't be going renegade with the fighter and taking him to another state other than California. When asked why Zuffa is involved with allowing Josh Barnett, also in license limbo with California, to fight in Texas, White said, "That's not me. That's their deal." White was referencing Strikeforce management.
OFFICIAL MAIN CARD RESULTS
- Quinton "Rampage" Jackson def. Matt Hamill via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Frank Mir def. Roy Nelson via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)
- Travis Browne def. Stefan Struve via knockout (superman punch) - Round 1, 4:11
- Rick Story def. Thiago Alves via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Brian Stann def. Jorge Santiago via TKO (strikes) - Round 2, 4:29
- Demetrious Johnson def. Miguel Torres via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Tim Boetsch def. Kendall Grove via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Gleison Tibau def. Rafaello Oliveira via submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 2, 3:28
- Michael McDonald def. Chris Cariaso via split decision (27-30, 29-28, 29-28)
- Renan Barao def. Cole Escovedo via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)